My kiddo came down with a cold- out of nowhere it seems. Thanks to some kid at story time.. if you’re a mom you know what kid I’m talking about. Anyways, as any mom would i hate when my baby doesn’t feel well so he is soaking up the spoiled-ness of watching tv all day. Then i thought about how i wish we had some chicken noodle soup, the kind in a can of course—we don’t.
So, I think In my brain what do i need to make some homemade soup for my son?
Noodles, chicken broth, boom practically the same as the can. Right?
Well rest assured there are a few more ingredients and you can add more to customize to what you have or what you like. Basically this is a super easy chicken noodle soup recipe that you can throw together with not much and its delicious or you can add some extra to make it a little fancier (if that’s your style 😉 )
Before we jump into the recipe i want to add that i mixed a few kinds of noodles together because that is what i had also, my kiddo didn’t mind one bit.
What are your favorite things to eat when your not feeling well? I always remembered having chicken noodle soup as a kid and sometimes mashed potatoes. Is that weird? Probably, haha.
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe! Have a blessed day.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
1 Bag egg noodles
1 Box low-sodium organic chicken broth
3 Chicken Bullion cubes dissolved
1 tsp onion powder (or to taste)
1 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
1 tsp Mrs. Dash original seasoning
1/4 Cup carrots
*also can add cooked, cut up chicken and more veggies-peas,celery, etc
- Cook pasta according to package halfway thru cook time add carrots and other veggies to soften
- Drain pasta and veggies
- Return Pasta to the pot add broth and seasonings
- Dissolve Bullion Cubes in about 1 Cup of hot (microwaved) water
- Mix and heat throughly
Don’t make fun of me but, I just recently started reading the Harry Potter series. Its true I grew up in the age of Harry Potter and stayed off of that wagon for many years. Here I am at 23 years old and totally sucked in. I am not upset at this. I’m also still on the first book but the whole series is on my book list for this year. I don’t know if I have ever really had a book list for a year before however, I wanted to give it a try for this year. I have recently become more busy and don’t have as much down time. I wanted to make this list for myself as a reminder (#mombrain ..anyone else?). I usually just read whatever is cheap on amazon (for my kindle) but this year I want to focus on books that I am actually interested in. I have also discovered that I love the fantasy/ mystery genre which I never really tried to read before other than Twilight. Does that even count??
Anyways, here is my book list for 2017:
1. Harry Potter Series
2.Chronicles of Narnia Series
3.Any new book by GJ Walker- Smith
4.The Night Circus
5.The Choice- Nicholas Sparks
This is a much different list than I ever thought I would write for myself. I am excited to try and read all the the books on my list this year and hopefully to give some reviews!
What books are on your list for 2017? Do you make a list/goal every year? Feel free to leave me some more suggestions of great books to add to my list for this year or even next year.
Have a lovely day everyone.
My family and I moved to England about a year and a half ago. It has been a crazy year and a half. I was only 19 when i moved here and about 4 months pregnant. So yes my son was born in England, which is pretty cool. Right now I am a stay at home mom and wife and a photography student. Life stays pretty hectic chasing a one year old around all day.
Its pretty tough being so far away from my family sometimes. I was always really close to my mom and grandparents growing up so not getting to see them but once a year is hard. Being in England with my husband and son is an incredible adventure.
So here are my favorite ways to stay in touch with my favorite people while living internationally. (:
1. Since everyone is so far away from family we have a new little adopted family made up of close friends here. Its so important when living internationally or even just hours from your family to make close friends that eventually become like family. There is nothing wrong with having lots of people to love and who love you too.
2. Get used to skype dates. Skype is free and easy to use. Plus anyone with a computer or smart phone can download it! This means you get to see your close friends and family face to face anytime you want or they are available because we all know how wonderful time differences are!
3. Embrace social media! I’m not as much of a fan of posting on social media sites as my 15 year old self was…however its a free and easy way to keep my friends and family up to date on how my son is growing. I am also able to share photos of our lovely adventures in England. Facebook, twitter, instagram, the list goes on so pick one or all of them and keep up with your favorite people.
4. Texting Apps! There are like a zillion texting apps out there and some of them are even free. so if someone you love doesn’t have one of those smart phones yet well you can still text them and even call using some of the same apps which is pretty great. When i first got here i downloaded magic jack and was able to call my grandparents for free it made the move so much easier.
Most importantly remember this, most of the time moving internationally, weather for studying or the military it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Moving here is one of the hardest and scariest things i have done but it is such an incredible adventure for me and my little family. Remember to embrace the adventures and enjoy the moments. And, of course keep up with the people you love most because they are missing you as much as your missing them.
Enjoy this beautiful adventure.